Brazilian WaxingFor safety reasons and a better service, please read carefully the following content.
If you have been shaving and decided to wax, expect hair breakage during waxing.
It is not as smooth as you think. It takes a series of waxing to normalize the hair growth and thinning of hair.
The more you wax regularly, the easier it gets. It is not advisable to shave in between waxing since it will make the hair coarser and the skin will be very sensitive to your next waxing procedure.
Time frame in between waxing is every 3 to 6 weeks. Hair starts to grow back in 2 to 4 weeks after waxing hair removal, depending on the type of hair.
We apply numbing spray to the area if needed. You may ask for it if you want.
Important: Sanitized and disposable implements are used for each treatment and sticks are never double-dipped in waxes.
• Please let us know of any medical condition you may have, like diabetes, hypertension and more.
• We refuse to do the procedure if your hair is not ready for waxing or your skin is still sensitive from tanning.
• We are unable to wax if you have been on accutane, acid or Retin-A for the last six months or a strong dosage of antibiotic medication.
• We cannot wax your eyebrow or face if you have been using Retin-A, acid treatment, anti-wrinkle and antibiotic cream.
• We cannot and we will refuse to perform waxing, especially with the brazilian , if you have skin irritations or open sores.
Before Waxing Procedure.
• Most clients would take 2 pain relievers 30 minutes before their waxing procedure and some of them would apply, at the same time, a topical numbing gel for tooth pain, which you can get over the counter at the drug stores. Please make sure you are not allergic to the medication.
• We suggest not having your waxing procedure, especially with brazilian, on your cycle or 3 days before and after, since your skin is sensitive during this period due to enlarged blood vessels.
• If you think that your skin is dry and sensitive for brazilian/ bikini waxing procedure, please apply baby oil to the area 30 minutes before your waxing procedure. This will make the wax adhere to the hair only and not to the skin. Do not apply oil to the body.
• Hair should be at least half inch long.
• You must wait 2 or 3 weeks after shaving for the hair to be ready for waxing.
• Do not cut your hair. We will trim the hair if needed.
• No tanning at least a week before and a week after waxing procedure.
• Please make sure to clean the front and back areas before brazilian waxing procedure. Wash the area thoroughly before coming, or wipe the area with clean water or wiping pads before the procedure.
• Do not rub on the area, as this may irritate your skin.
After Waxing Procedure
• Take pain relievers if you are sensitive or feel sore after brazilian/bikini waxing. This is normal especially if your skin is sensitive or this is your first time for the procedure.
• Treat your skin with Neosporin antibiotic cream at night on the day after brazilian/bikini waxing with underwear off to prevent skin from rubbing with it. Make sure you are not ALLERGIC to Neosporin antibiotic cream. Otherwise, use Tend Skin, Bump Free, Aloe Vera gel or other related treatment products instead. (Please make sure to read instructions at the back of the treatment bottle before using them).
• Exfoliate your skin 3 days after your waxing procedure preferably with sea salt scrubs or gentle exfoliants every other day to remove built up dead skin cells than can clog the surface of your skin and trap hair, causing it to become ingrown. Exfoliating pads, loofahs, and mild scrubs work well. Look for cleansers that contain Salicylic Acid. It is advised not to exfoliate everyday to prevent dryness that causes sensitivity to your skin.
• Keep your skin moist and soft. Start using a moisturizer everyday. This will not only keep your skin soft but will soften up the growing hair, which can keep it from boring into the skin. Powder is advisable only the day after bikini/brazilian waxing procedure since putting powder right after waxing can clog the pores. It takes hours to close the pores and heal the sensitivity of the skin after waxing procedure.
• If you are having ingrown hairs, before putting on moisturizer, treat your skin with Aloe Vera gel, Tend Skin or Bump free for two weeks on the affected area/s. Do not use it more than what is advised to prevent sensitivity to your skin, since these are with alcohol content that would make the skin dry if overused. Use Tend skin, Bump Free or Aloe Vera gel again four (4) days before your waxing procedure to soften the follicle for hair to be easier to pull.
• If you tend to be sensitive after brazilian/bikini waxing, please get yourself a cool shower or cool/cold compress and apply Aloe Vera gel, Tend Skin, Bump Free or other treatment products. Avoid tight clothing for a day to prevent irritation.
• No swimming (pool or beach) within 24 hours after waxing. Your skin is still prone to infection due to its sensitivity. Only clean running water is allowed immediately after the procedure. Exercising or working out after waxing is okay but please no heavy exercise since excessive heat temperature on the waxed area will irritate your skin. Make sure to apply antibiotic or Aloe-Vera gel before exercising.
• It is highly recommended to use Tend Skin, Bump Free or other related products after waxing. We sell Bump Free for $10.00.